Organize a Congress at the Palais des Congrès in Deauville
2H from ParisThe Deauville Convention Center is quickly accessible. The proximity of all the infrastructures allows you to organize your congress on foot.
Hotel capacity2,200 hotel rooms from 2 to 5 stars within 10 minutes walking distance.
State-of-the-art equipmentSound Kara L Acoustics and Dolby ATMOS in the Michel d’Ornano auditorium. Hybridization of the events. Scenography…
Deauville as a conference destination
Normandy : a busines tourism destination par excellence
Normandy has a strong reputation in France and throughout the world. The Destination is appreciated by professional event organizers for its art of living and its exceptional cultural heritage.
Normandy, an economic powerhouse
Normandy has many assets to welcome organizers and participants to different congresses with its dynamic economy. Normandy is :
- France’s 1st maritime coastline — French region for horse breeding ;
- 1st world center for perfumery and cosmetics ;
- 2nd French region in medicinal chemistry ;
- 4th largest short-stay tourism market in France ;
- 6th largest exporting region in France ;
Normandy’s competitiveness clusters
5 dynamic competitiveness clusters make the region a driving force for the French economy:
- Secure Electronic Transactions (TES) : Information and Communication Technologies
- Cosmetic Valley : Perfumery and cosmetics
- Mov’eo : Transport and mobility
- Hippolia : Equine industry and related industries
- Valorial : Agriculture and agri-food
All the cultural heritage of Normandy for your conference incentives
Take advantage of this professional stay to discover the wonders of the Normandy region to the participants:
The Deauville Convention Center: The place to host your convention
The Normandy Convention Center offers more than 18,000 m² of space for the organization of professional events. The capacity is from 50 to 7000 participants. The organization of the modular spaces is remarkable and makes it a perfect venue for congresses:
- 2 auditoriums of 1,497 (modular) and 223 seats
- An exhibition hall of 7,250 m² divisible: a place to host major international trade shows
- 20 meeting rooms
- 2,500 m² of terraces, including 700 m² of crystal structure on the seafront
- The Villa Le Cercle: 4 lounges, 1 terrace and 1 garden
- 1,200 parking spaces in the immediate vicinity
CID Deauville’s state-of-the-art facilities for your conference
The Deauville Convention Center is a benchmark venue for the organization of face-to-face, virtual or hybrid conventions. The technological equipment favored by the convention organizer:
- Fiber optics delivering up to 200 Mbps, advanced sound, light and lighting techniques, video, augmented and virtual reality, giant screens and projection equipment ;
- A wide range of configurations, custom-made scenic ambiances, stage furniture, translation booths ;
- The Michel d’Ornano auditorium is equipped with KARA L Acoustics sound and DOLBY ATMOS technology ;
- Safety file and 2D & 3D layout plans, dynamic signage ;
This technological equipment allows us to host large conventions and makes it one of the best convention centers in France.
The experienced event team dedicated to congresses in Normandy
CID Deauville’s event team manages your professional congress from A to Z. The dedicated team for each professional event is generally composed of a sales manager, a project manager and a stage manager. They take care of the entire management of the congress:
- Recruitment of staff and technical teams ;
- online registration ;
- digital ticketing, badges edition, and access control to the congress ;
- accommodation ;
- Catering solutions : CID Deauville’s catering service orchestrates breaks, cocktails, lunches and dinners in conjunction with the best regional and local service providers and caterers.
Hubert de l’EstoileGeneral Delegate - AMRAE
With a very professional and attentive team and its "all-in-one" environment in Deauville, the C.I.D. with its top-of-the-range infrastructure is a rare destination in France for the organization of demanding and responsible conferences such as the AMRAE Meetings.
Agnès VioletDirector of Operations WMH Project
Annual medical congress at the CID in Deauville at the beginning of May 2022 with 350 participants. Very well equipped and clean venue. A very professional team, attentive to the client's needs, both during the response to the AO and on site, showing great flexibility and knowing how to take our needs into account,
Proposing solutions, always available. The technical assistance of quality also showing flexibility. The catering team was also available, with carefully prepared buffets, respecting the schedules.
In short, a big thank you to all. We really feel a positive, benevolent and respectful spirit in this company.
Sandrine KamiskiCFE-CGC Events Manager
So far, Deauville has been the best destination for the organization of our event. Indeed, you have an undeniable asset: Deauville is a town on a human scale, and participants can easily find each other during their free time. We had the feeling of staying in a big village and it's very pleasant: the hotels, the C.I.D., the restaurants and the city center are centralized, all the facilities are accessible on foot.
Organize a conference by the sea
Accessibility is essential to bring together several hundred participants, sometimes from all over France or from abroad. Deauville has many advantages that make it the ideal seaside business tourism destination.
Organize a congress by the sea less than 2 hours from Paris
Deauville is located in Normandy, on the Côte Fleurie, less than 2 hours from Paris. Deauville is well served by air and by road:
- Saint-Gatien-des-Bois airport;
- Caen-Carpiquet airport;
- A13 freeway;
- Trouville-Deauville train station;
The Convention Center is easily accessible from the train station and the airport: the participants of the professional congress are quickly gathered at the event venue on the seaside.
Deauville: a renowned destination for an international congress
Deauville is a world-renowned business tourism destination. It has an aura and elegance that outperforms professional conventions.
A city on a human scale with the accommodation capacity of a metropolis for your convention
Deauville has a large accommodation capacity to host large-scale conventions. With 2,200 hotel rooms ranging from 2 to 5 stars, all located less than 15 minutes from the Deauville Convention Center, travel time for delegates is reduced.
Organize a congress all by foot in Normandy
Deauville is known for its expertise in organizing events on foot. All the infrastructures needed for the organization of a congress are concentrated on 4 Km²: an asset for your congress!
- 40 restaurants including 3 Michelin starred
- 440 shops
- 1.5 km of beach bordered by the famous "Planches de Deauville": right next to the Deauville Convention Center!
- 1 Casino
- 4 surrounding golf courses
- 2 racecourses
- 1 International Horse Center
- 1 Thalassotherapy Center located in front of the Deauville Convention Center
- 19 tennis courts
- 1 Olympic seawater swimming pool
- 1 automobile circuit
- numerous historical villas and the cultural center "Les Franciscaines" for the organization of the congress gala evenings in an exceptional setting
A committed and sustainable venue for congresses
Deauville has been awarded the Sustainable Innovative Destination label. It is a committed and sustainable venue for a trade show. All the players in business and leisure tourism are working in the same direction: That of reducing the impact of tourism activities and corporate events to preserve the planet.
The commitments of the Deauville Convention Center
ISO 20121 certified convention center in France
The Deauville Convention Center is certified ISO 20121: a standard specific to the event industry that outlines a framework and broad guidelines for reducing the social, environmental and economic impact of events.
Safe Congress Convention Center in France
The CID Deauville convention center has been awarded the Safe Congress label: It implements the health protocols applicable at the time of the events in an effective manner to protect the participants.
Convention Center Securi-site in France
The Deauville Convention Center is in constant contact with law enforcement agencies, institutions and private organizations to reinforce security measures for tourists and relay prevention messages.
Organizing a conference: what for?
What is a Congress?
The term congress belongs to the MICE (Meetings, Incentive, Conferences and Exhibitions) or Events sector, in other words, it is a particular format of professional event. Unlike a convention, a seminar or a day of study gathering only the internal public of a company, a congress is a "solemn meeting" favoring the exchanges in the professional group of a sector, around a common theme.
Professional congresses are generally organized by professional associations, public decision-makers (public authorities, lobbyists), learned societies, or international intergovernmental organizations... Scientific congresses are organized at the initiative of universities, research centers...
Share experiences and knowledge during a congress in Normandy
A professional congress is a place of exchange and debate. It has several objectives of visibility and cohesion:
- to exchange ideas
- to discuss a subject
- to make the results known
- to network
A professional congress is held over several days and brings together many delegates for a series of events. It is therefore necessary to find a room with a large capacity, or even several conference spaces:
- Spaces for conferences and workshops such as meeting rooms or auditoriums;
- Exhibition areas to allow exhibitors to showcase new products to the entire professional sector;
- Incentive and activity areas to strengthen the links between the guests of the congress;
- Reception rooms to organize dinners and gala evenings in a musical and festive atmosphere..;
The congress is permanent: the event organizer invites you to an annual congress, organized at the same periods from one year to the next.
The best places to organize a congress
Convention centers are the ideal places for congresses, they have :
- An ideal geographical location in large cities: they are perfectly served and easily accessible;
- The hotel capacity to accommodate all the participants;
- Large capacity seminar and conference rooms to host large-scale events;
- Modular spaces fulfilling all desired functions: meeting rooms, exhibition halls, auditoriums, reception rooms for gala evenings..;