CID DEAUVILLE A MAJOR PLAYER IN FRENCH TOURISM
Tourism is a key issue for Deauville, France’s most popular small town, whose national and international reputation is well established.
The Centre des Congrès de Deauville, a venue dedicated to large-scale events
- Professional events: conventions, congresses, seminars, symposiums, trade shows, gala evenings, study days, scientific days…
- Public events: festivals, shows, concerts, trade fairs…
In 2022, the CID Deauville welcomed 128,272 visitors, making it one of Normandy’s largest public venues. The strategic location of the Normandy convention center, just 2 hours from Paris, makes it an easily accessible convention venue in France.
Enhancing safety for tourists and professionals in Deauville
A cooperative effort to enhance tourist safety
To enhance tourist safety, the French Ministry of the Interior has set up a tourism recovery plan, with a “tourism and safety” component comprising specific measures to improve visitor safety.
For sites such as the Palais des Congrès de Deauville, which are popular with tourists, professionals and cultural figures, a close partnership has been set up between the site’s management, the town in which it is located and the French government, in the form of a site agreement.
The aim of this agreement is to mobilize, in close coordination, the measures, equipment and human resources needed to manage the safety and security of the events to which the three partners agree.
Signing of the sécuri-site label at CID Deauville
This close collaboration between players dedicated to public safety has resulted in the award of a “sécuri-site” label . This agreement was signed on December 23, 2017 at 11:30 am at the Centre International de Deauville by the sub-prefect of the Lisieux district, Philippe Augier, Mayor of Deauville and Carine Fouquier, General Manager of the CID. The first agreement signed in the Calvados department, it has been followed by others involving other popular tourist sites.
The CID has thus become the first convention center in Normandy to be awarded the sécuri-site label. This label reassures tourists and business tourism professionals on the Côte Fleurie in Deauville.
YOUR ECO-RESPONSIBLE EVENT IN NORMANDY
Concrete actions to protect the public
What actions are taken to ensure public safety? Depending on the threat and circumstances, the prefect may call on the security forces to :
- Provide patrols to reinforce the presence on the ground in Deauville,
- Implement appropriate surveillance measures to protect the immediate vicinity of sites open to the public, such as the CID Deauville,
- Carry out surveillance missions by security guards, to prevent damage, break-ins, theft on the public highway, etc.
The safety plan drawn up by CID Deauville
The safety plan is drawn up by the operator, who is responsible for CID Deauville, to ensure the internal and external protection and safety of the Normandy convention center. This safety plan includes :
- Situational prevention measures: the human element is at the heart of the chain (guarding, training),
- Organizational, with the creation of appropriate documents
- Technical (building protection, video protection),
- Specific measures for emergencies and crisis situations,
- Alert exercises to maintain the level of alertness of all those involved.
The site security plan is submitted for approval to the head of the designated security force and to the departmental “tourism-security” council.