Deauville, the most popular small town in France
The city of Deauville, located in Normandy, Calvados, maintains its status of tourist excellence: all the efforts made to offer a unique experience to visitors are paying off. Deauville, the small coastal town located in Normandy in the Calvados region, is the most popular small town in France. The elegant seaside resort of only 4,000 inhabitants has succeeded in establishing itself on the international scene and attracting tourists from all over the world. Deauville is on the podium with 659,000 hashtags on social networks (keywords or phrases accompanied by the “#” symbol that allow you to group together the themes of publications on social networks). The city of Normandy is also very present in the results of Google search engines, with no less than 112,000 monthly searches on the Internet according to the site “Holidu”.
Where does the success of the city of Deauville come from?
What has contributed to the popularity of Deauville ?
Deauville, famous for its promenade des Planches bordering the beach, experienced a rise in notoriety in 1966, thanks to the success of Claude Lellouche’s film “Un homme, une Femme”. Deauville is not only a beach under the summer sun: the seaside resort is attractive all year round thanks to its wide range of infrastructures, activities and tourist spots that boost the tourist schedules and keep the social networks going all year round:
- The American Film Festival: This event is one of the most prestigious film events in the world. Co-organized by the C.I.D., the Deauville Convention Center, it takes place at the Centre International de Deauville the first week of September (since 1975).
- Golf competitions: Deauville is one of the most beautiful golf courses in France and hosts numerous national and international competitions each year.
- The Deauville Normandy Triathlon is a major event that allows spectators and triathletes to meet. During 3 days, the TriExpo Village welcomes the biggest brands in running, swimming and cycling.
- Sailing: Every year the Linkers-Open de Dragon de Deauville event sets sail for a new edition. Great international champions from all over Europe are there to challenge the crews of the most prestigious French sailing clubs.
- The yearling sales take place mostly in August and attract buyers from all over the world for record sales of foals.
The Deauville Clairefontaine and Deauville la Touques racecourses organize prestigious meetings for horse racing enthusiasts throughout the year, including the Lucien Barrière Deauville Meeting.
Jumping and dressage competitions: Events reflecting Deauville’s passion for horses: Sotheby’s International Realty CSIO Deauville / Longines Deauville Classic / CPEDI Deauville.
Infrastructures concentrated on 4 Km²
- The Casino: the famous Casino of the Barrière Resort group, offers a variety of entertainment, as well as gaming rooms, restaurants and bars,
- The Sports Pole: The Pôle OMni “Sports (POM’S), hosts high level sports events,
- The Franciscan: an innovative and hybrid cultural venue with a museum, media library and performance hall,
- Accommodation with 2,200 rooms ranging from 2 to 5 stars: mythical hotels located just a stone’s throw from the sea, in the heart of Deauville.
Deauville, city of business tourism
A seminar by the sea, 2 hours from Paris !
The seaside resort, located not far from the capital (2 hours from Paris) is easily accessible: you can get there by car, train, plane, bus… It is one of the most popular destinations for business seminars, with a large accommodation capacity, reception venues such as the CID Deauville and the Villa le Cercle de Deauville. Deauville is a perfect destination for businesses and professionals looking for the perfect setting for their meetings. It offers a wide range of services, atypical reception spaces for all types of professional events: exhibition halls, auditoriums, meeting rooms, outdoor spaces…
Deauville is a destination of choice for professionals looking for an enchanting environment and a variety of services for their business trip.
The Deauville International Center : the congress center in Normandy
The teams at the convention center accompany event organizers through every step of the process to make it a true success:
- Choice of reception areas,
- General layout, scenography, state-of-the-art audiovisual equipment…
- Accommodation and ticketing,
Honfleur and Cabourg, two other regions in Normandy that are becoming more and more popular each year
Honfleur, located only a few kilometers from Deauville, is considered the second most popular small town in France, according to the ranking announced on the website “Holidu”. The town is known for its half-timbered houses, its marina and its narrow, picturesque streets. It is also known for its art galleries and museums, as well as for its numerous stores. It is located 19 km from Deauville.
A few kilometers from Honfleur, Cabourg is also a seaside resort very popular with tourists. The town is famous for its long promenades lined with villas, its fine sandy beaches, its golf courses, its luxury hotels and its many restaurants. Cabourg also has a rich history and a unique atmosphere that makes it a very attractive place.