How to make a program for a professional event?
The keys to successfully organizing a professional event
In the professional world, organizing an event is a task that requires rigor and efficiency to ensure its success. Whether it is for a conference, a seminar or a gala evening, it is important to plan the different steps of the event program and to anticipate the unexpected. In this article, the CID, Deauville’s convention center, offers you some practical elements to help you not forget anything in the conception of your event agenda.
Defining the objectives and the target audience
Before even thinking about the program of your event, it is essential to determine what your objectives are and who your target audience will be. To do this, it is essential to answer a few practical questions objectively:
- What message do you want to convey during your pro event?
- What are the expected results?
- Who are the people likely to be interested in your professional or corporate event?
Once you have clarified these three elements, you will be able to adapt the content of your program according to these criteria.
Choosing the venue and date
To select the ideal venue for your professional event, you must take into account several factors:
- The capacity of the venue
- The geographical location, the transportation modalities, the estimated travel time
- Are the infrastructures and equipment available adapted to the needs of the event?
- The budget allocated: it will be useful to question several places to compare the offers
Regarding the date, remember to check that no other major event is taking place at the same time and that it suits the schedule of your speakers and participants. It is advisable to take into account the school calendar (school vacations as well as the various bridges with public holidays of the year).
See also our advice on the subject: how to successfully organize a professional event.
VISITE THE SPACES OF THE CID DEAUVILLE
Developing a detailed program for your business event
Once the objectives, target audience, location and date have been defined, you can start working on the content of your event program. Here are some key elements not to be overlooked:
Speeches and workshops
These moments are the heart of your professional event. Be sure to select speakers who are experts in the fields covered, they will give your event its legitimacy. Also think about planning interactive workshops to encourage exchange between participants.
Breaks and networking moments
Don’t forget to include breaks in your program to allow participants to rest and exchange with each other. These moments are often conducive to networking and can be very beneficial for the companies present.
Animation and entertainment
To make your professional event more dynamic and enjoyable, plan original animations adapted to your target audience. These can be games, shows or even exhibitions related to the theme of your event. Gala dinners are a highlight during an event.
The communication around the event
To guarantee the success of your professional event, it is essential to set up an effective communication strategy:
- Create a website dedicated to the event
- Use social networks to reach your target audience
- Send personalized invitations to people likely to be interested
- Set up partnerships with media and influencers of the concerned sector
Anticipating the unexpected
When organizing a professional event, it is essential to be prepared for the unexpected.
Here are some tips to anticipate these uncomfortable but real situations:
- Always have a plan B: Have several back-up solutions to deal with technical problems, cancellations or delays.
- Make sure you have enough staff: to manage the reception of participants, security, logistics and entertainment.
- Prepare a list of useful contacts: doctor, electrician, caterer… in order to be able to react quickly in case of need. The teams of establishments specialized in hosting professional events will be able to guide you.
By taking into account these few important points, you will be able to design an event program adapted to your objectives and your target audience. Don’t forget that the success of a professional event depends on good preparation and careful management of details.